[nycbug-talk] 2x 3Ware Escalade 9500S-4LP SATA

Isaac Levy ike
Tue Jan 3 18:35:50 EST 2006

Hey All,

Upbeat Update:

So it looks like it's n APIC issue, (GIANT_LOCKED).  I just
recompiled the kernel without APIC support, and viola, it works-
albiet without SMP.

Sad thing is, the machines I'm putting these cards in are dual Xeon
rigs.

--
Ok, on Vinod's suggestion, I called 3Ware/AMCC support, and a *very*
helpful person there took me through figuring out what firmware I

With that, I need to update firmware and try installing/booting fresh
again, but the 3Ware/AMCC KnowledgeLibrary site is downed with some
DB error... (doh!)

So, with that, I'm done for the day- but looks like I almost have
this issue solved, for now, with these cards.  Will keep everyone
posted.

Rocket-
.ike