[nycbug-talk] temp sensors

George Georgalis george
Thu Jan 5 19:09:00 EST 2006

On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 07:35:27PM -0500, alex at pilosoft.com wrote:
>On Thu, 5 Jan 2006, George Georgalis wrote:
>
>> This has come up before, but of the many many devices available. I only
>> have one recommendation.
>>
>> Are you monitoring temperature in your datacenter? What hardware are you
>> using?
>>
>> I want to get something in place, to see what the trends are, then
>> configure a system to shutdown the computers if temp gets too high.
>http://www.ibuttonlink.com/Sensors.htm
>
>Snaku thingy

Thanks. but my datacenter is not as big as yours... since we
don't eactly know what we need I think we will go with a MS-T
Multisensor Temperature Sensor $ 19.00 (10% cost of a 100ft
24 sensor Snaku) and see how that goes, then spec out a more
perminant system.

another vendor... http://www.thermodata.com.au/OneWire.htm

// George

http://galis.org/ cell:646-331-2027 mailto:george at galis.org