[nycbug-talk] NetBSD Live CD

michael lists
Thu Jan 19 16:12:51 EST 2006

This was brought to my attention.  This looks like an interesting
project http://arudius.sourceforge.net/

>From their website:

NeWBIE

This acronym is pronounced just like the word "newbie" and stands for
(Ne)tBSD (W)are (B)urned (I)n (E)conomy. Newbie is a NetBSD live CD
similar in spirit to the well-known FreeSBIE live CD. Newbie currently
caters to the desktop-user (i.e. with applications for web browsing,
chat, multimedia, document editing, etc) but will also serve as a core
for creating a NetBSD version of Arudius (see below) - a network
security auditing tool. Why based on NetBSD? Because contrary to the
popular opinion, NetBSD is not some obscure *BSD flavor that is only
good for powering your toaster, but is a powerful, flexible and highly
portable operating system. In many aspects it is better than its more
famous cousins. Did you know that NetBSD recently broke and still holds
the record for network data transfer speed? Read about the achievement.
And what about speed and scalability? Note the first item of the "News"
section:-)

--

Michael