[nycbug-talk] Re: wasabi

George R. george
Mon Jan 23 18:37:24 EST 2006

On Jan 23, 2006, at 6:11 PM, Marc Spitzer wrote:

>>> Your GPLed software is not free for any applicable definition I have
>>> come across in a dictionary.  The FSF and now you are claiming
>>> something
>>> that is contradicted by trying to compair the word "free", as
>>> used in
>>> standard english, to the draconian encumberances inforced by the
>>> GPL.
>> You are splitting hairs.
>>
>> As you should surely know, in GPL, free stands for freedom.
>> Freedom of end
>> user to modify and redistribute software. Yes, in fact, to achieve
>> this
>> freedom it is necessary to forbid *you* from denying this said
>> freedom to
>> them.
>>
>> Are we clear now?
>
> yes they are dishonest people, that is how they nailed apple.

<snip>

What a great way to end this borderline-useless argument.

The topic was the Wasabi piece, which is certainly worth discussion,
but has now moved into the realm of flame wars.

The vast majority of people on this list are not here for that. . .
and we really haven't had any heavy flaming since this list started
over two years ago.

Therefore, discussion on this thread & topic is officially CLOSED.

'list master'