[nycbug-talk] windows anti-virus suggestions

Brad Schonhorst bschonhorst
Tue Jan 24 14:14:01 EST 2006

On 1/24/06, Isaac Levy <ike at lesmuug.org> wrote:

> Hey All,
>
> On Jan 24, 2006, at 1:35 PM, Jonathan wrote:
>

> > On windows machines I've really liked using Sophos - they're
> > proactive, up-to the minute, and catch things the bulk of other virus
> > scanners miss (ie symantec).
> >
> > They make you pay for it though -- from what I remember, its not
> > cheap.  But if you get  the small business license you can run their
> > linux/bsd daemon on your server for email etc.
>
> As an aside, Sophos seems to own ActiveState, who I know to be huge
> financial supporters in the Python community...  Brownie points, for
> sure :)

If you go with Sophos and are planning to do any type of enterprise
management, plan on running it from a windows server.   They can support mac
clients but we ran into issues trying to host the CID on a os x server.