[nycbug-talk] windows anti-virus suggestions

Charles Sprickman spork
Tue Jan 24 14:55:45 EST 2006

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006, Isaac Levy wrote:

> Hey All,
>
> Does anyone on this list have any good recommendations for products/
> services?

I'll second (or third?) AVG.  I've put the free edition on all the
neighbors/friends/etc. home machines and have been very happy with it.  I
also use it on my Mac in all my VPC installs.

It seems to be a very svelte piece of software; VPC is always slow, AVG
doesn't seem to add any slowness.  Ditto on all the old PCs I've been
"volunteered" to maintain.

In the past I've used Norton/Symantec and McAfee and never really like
them.  Symantec junk always seems to break more than it fixes.