[nycbug-talk] Your Own Personal Internet

Isaac Levy ike at lesmuug.org
Sat Jul 8 06:55:05 EDT 2006

Hi All,

 From my desk, I'm not sure how much of the net neutrality issues
have really touched our world directly here, but it seems to be
largely ignored by us tech folks because the debate seems pretty
severely misguided, on both sides of the debate.

With regard to the ongoing US net neutrality debates in the Senate,
there's some fairly hysterical stuff going on in DC, this audio is
worth listening to for a real laugh:

--
'Senator Stevens Speaks on Net Neutrality'
(chairman of the net neutrality commerce committee)

'Senator Ted Stevens (R-Alaska) explained why he voted against the
amendment and gave an amazing primer on how the internet works.:

"I just the other day got, an internet was sent by my staff at 10
o'clock in the morning on Friday and I just got it yesterday. Why?
Because it got tangled up with all these things going on the internet
commercially."

--
'Senator Stevens Internet Forensics'
http://blog.wired.com/27BStroke6/?entry_id=1512499