[nycbug-talk] no more jails

Isaac Levy ike at lesmuug.org
Sat Jul 15 16:47:30 EDT 2006

On Jul 14, 2006, at 6:35 PM, Brad Schonhorst wrote:

>> > I'm speaking (my last lecture ever on jails)
>>

> So are you switching to Xen then?

Ha!  Yes.

<smartass>
As I migrate to Xen from jail(8), I have removed approximately 14gb
of memory from each of my jail server hardware boxen, so that I can
run the hypervisor (max 2gb physical memory cap, with no fix in
sight- and no fix being comitted by IBM, Intel, or AMD- [who
incedentially, are all injecting various hardware-specific tweaks
into the Xen sourcecode... nothing that really improves the basic
system, yet all the hardware hacks suddenly open up the hardwares as
vectors for attack?!])
</smartass>

/me now sits back and waits for Johnny Lam to ddos my entire life to
smithereens...

Rocket-
.ike