[nycbug-talk] NYCBSDCon 2006 Call For Presentations

Trish Lynch trish at bsdunix.net
Tue Jul 18 11:25:15 EDT 2006

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006, George R. wrote:

> Okan Demirmen wrote:
>> NYCBSDCon 2006 Call For Presentations
>>
>> Continuing on the success of last year, New York City BSD Conference
>> (NYCBSDCon) is the main technical conference on the East Coast for the
>> BSD community to get together to share and gain knowledge, to network
>> with like-minded people, and to have fun. This event is organized by
>> members of the New York City *BSD Users Group (NYC*BUG).
>
> <snip>
>
> As should be clear, we just moved the next stage forward here on NYCBSDCon.
>
> This is really a great opportunity for more NYC area speakers.  If you
> want to discuss any possible papers, please feel free to open a
> discussion with anyone offlist about it.

I might actually present this year if I actually am able to find the time
to do it, what was the actual date? I have several conference
presentations of another type in October and December (I am a member of
the BDSM and Disability communities as well, and I have presentations to
do in both those communities, and one presentation that crosses over them
both.... )

> The response has already been strong.  A good number of vendors already
> have expressed strong interest, and certainly the success of last year
> shows it can be done.

Definitely, last year was amazing.

> This will certainly continue to be a topic in our meetings and on our
> lists, but we really want to encourage every individual in NYCBUG to get
> the word out. . . in your blog, to prospective sponsors, etc.

I will. We'll talk later on this week.

-Trish (and for those who know me in person it is now officially "she" and
not "he", I am transitioning from male to female publically now)

Trish Lynch					   trish at bsdunix.net
Ecartis Core Team 			      trish at listmistress.org
Key fingerprint = 781D 2B47 AA4B FC88 B919  0CD6 26B2 1D62 6FC1 FF16