[nycbug-talk] Postfix filter for Exchange

N.J. Thomas njt at ayvali.org
Thu Jul 27 12:25:53 EDT 2006

* Pete Wright <pete at nomadlogic.org> [2006-07-27 11:31:12 -0400]:
> So, to help us out with this I am going to propose putting a Postfix
> filter infront of the exchange server to kill these mail bombs before
> they take down exchange.

We do this exact thing. We were hit with a virus/worm back in December
(W32/Sober.AA at m). We weren't sending anything out, but someone spoofed
our domain and we got hundreds of thousands of bounces.

Since the worm mailed out using standardized headers, the solution was
to put some simple Postfix header checks in of the form: