[nycbug-talk] dhcp ntp

michael lists at genoverly.net
Sun Jun 11 14:37:21 EDT 2006

I have set up my dhcp server at home to dole out "option ntp-servers"
with each request for an IP.  I'm hoping to have all the home nodes to
sync their clock to my local time server.

While I could have just hard coded the local address into each machine,
I was hoping to have my laptop go 'local' when it is home then go
'global' (north-america.pool.ntp.org) when I'm on the road.  I tested it
with an OpenBSD laptop and it does not appear to use that setting, even
thought I put it in the request section of the dhclient.conf.  I
assumed it would overwrite ntpd.conf like it does resolv.conf.  This
option even appears in dhcp-options(5)

Is this just a "neat" feature that is not implemented in the dhclient?

--

Michael