[nycbug-talk] Conference Topics Thread

Jeff Knight jeff.knight at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 09:04:00 EDT 2006

Ya know, I've never been into the whole theme/track idea. At any
conference I go to, I just cherry pick from the list of sessions that
sound interesting to me irrespective of what track they are in. Do
people really pay any attention? Do the beancounters that pay for the
conferences think "well... I don't see a track with our company's
buzzword du jour, so I'm not releasing the funding for that puppy"?
And, since most conferences usually end up having to pad their tracks
with a number of sessions that don't really fit anywhere, do tracks
really do anything at all?