[nycbug-talk] gjournal

Jonathan Stewart jonathan at kc8onw.net
Tue Jun 20 16:35:28 EDT 2006

Peter Wright wrote:

> well the best, or most interesting part IMO, is the fact that this is GEOM
> class.  meaning it is implemented below the file system layer.  So we
> should be able to use this to enable journaling for other filesystems we
> may import later (or have already imported but do not have journaling
> enabeled i.e. ext3).

GEOM is pretty cool alright :)  Thanks for the links I've never really
looked into how it was architected I just new a lot of cool stuff has been
done with it.  I wish the modules where better documented at times but
it's still nice.

One downside I just noted is that it cannot be used for the root
filesystem.  Which means I can't use it because I do the "one big
partition" thing.  I tend to run myself out of space so often it makes it
easier than trying to get everything to fit "just right"

Jonathan