[nycbug-talk] SSH Login Slow & Samba Drive Slowdown

Huy Ton That huyslogic at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 10:00:53 EDT 2006

Hey all, I implemented a samba fileserver; the users are complaining that
network drives have recently started to slow down and I have noticed this as
well -- It is weird because things were working great for a while.  Whenever
I try to login via SSH with putty, I'll get some delay, a long pause after I
enter in my id, then another long pause as it authenticates the pw.

I have a new domain controller @ 192.168.0.6
I realized I didn't have the IP address in the hosts file on the bsd system
which I just added (do I have to reboot for this) thinking this may have
been an problem.

I'm running samba 3.0.22

Any insight?  I've noticed that whenever I don't have any lag logging in via
ssh, there is no network share lag either.  I'm stumped...

-Huy