[nycbug-talk] Apple Intel Servers?

Isaac Levy ike
Thu Mar 2 13:34:00 EST 2006

Hey Okan, All,

An officially relevant cross-post, ([posted to macosx-unix/lesmmuug
list too] is that outlawed alltogether?)

Last night at NYCBUG Okan was asking me about Intel Apple stuff, and
weather or not it uses Open Firmware.

--
I checked today to try to answer your question about Open Firmware on
upcoming Intel Apple Servers, and there is no such thing as an Intel

With that,

http://appleintelfaq.com/#17

"Shipping Intel-based Macintosh computers use Intel's new Extensible
Firmware Interface (EFI)[17.1]."

Suck.  Or mabye not- it's just new.
I'll miss Open Firmware, it's easy and well documented, it's Cisco-
admin-friendly (it came from Sun back in the day), it's all FORTH
syntax based.

:(

Rocket-
.ike