[nycbug-talk] freebsd jails: running nfs client?

N.J. Thomas njt at ayvali.org
Fri Mar 17 16:42:18 EST 2006

I know there are some people on the list whose jail-fu is quite strong.
I have a question for you guys: Is it possible to mount an NFS
filesystem from inside a jail?

jail(1) seems to imply that it is, but Googling gives me mixed results
(some people say yes, other people say no).

I tried it and
I can run "mount_nfs machine:/dir /foo" from a normal host just fine,
but inside a jail it doesn't seem to work, I get:

    mount_nfs: /foo: Operation not permitted

On a similar note, if NFS inside a jail is doable, I would presume that
running amd would work as well?

thanks,
Thomas

--