[nycbug-talk] Kolab Server on *BSD?

pete wright nomadlogic at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 20:59:46 EST 2006

On 3/23/06, Charles Sprickman <spork at bway.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've got someone wanting to fiddle with Kolab, mainly for the contact
> management stuff and the KDE client.  Looking at it, it seems very
> "Linuxy".  Since I just wanted to play with it, I was hoping for binaries,
> but the whole thing is a bit icky in that regard with no official builds
> for *BSD.  It looks like you have to install openpkg, which is itself
> quite a messy little thing.
>
> Anyone have this running?  It's essentially a bunch of common OSS stuff
> wrapped into a big package (OpenLDAP, Postfix, etc.).
>
> Alternately, all my buddy wants is something that will let him do contact
> management and calendering under FreeBSD/KDE, OS-X, Windows and be able to
> sync off to a Palm and a Zaurus.  It sounds like a simple request, but...

hmm...i think korganizer should support most of those features...and i
*belive* you can do shared calanders via webdav.  their is also an
exchange 2000 plugin, although I can not report it that works or not.
i'm actually pretty happy with korganizer, as it's been a decent
replacement for iCal and integrates with KDE quite well.

-p

--
~~o0OO0o~~
Pete Wright