[nycbug-talk] Kolab Server on *BSD?

Jonathan Vanasco nycbug-list at 2xlp.com
Thu Mar 23 21:26:18 EST 2006

On Mar 23, 2006, at 8:59 PM, pete wright wrote:

> On 3/23/06, Charles Sprickman <spork at bway.net> wrote:
>>
>> Alternately, all my buddy wants is something that will let him do
>> contact
>> management and calendering under FreeBSD/KDE, OS-X, Windows and be
>> able to
>> sync off to a Palm and a Zaurus.  It sounds like a simple request,
>> but...
>
> hmm...i think korganizer should support most of those features...and i
> *belive* you can do shared calanders via webdav.  their is also an
> exchange 2000 plugin, although I can not report it that works or not.
> i'm actually pretty happy with korganizer, as it's been a decent
> replacement for iCal and integrates with KDE quite well.

There are a few php calendar scripts out that that essentially do
what ical + a .mac account does, but for free.

I can't remember their names, but I'm sure google will point you to
2-3 projects minimum that will run fine under a jailed lighttpd or
something similar ( i've had my fill of hacked boxes from exploits on
open source php projects )