[nycbug-talk] jails: manipulating interface?

N.J. Thomas njt at ayvali.org
Fri Mar 24 15:33:47 EST 2006

* Isaac Levy <ike at lesmuug.org> [2006-03-24 11:53:38 -0500]:
> IP interfaces cannot be manipulated from inside a jail.
>
> There's a few gotchas like this, which in the end, are pretty logical
> in the context of what a jail is- another example is setting the
> date, another would be managing firewall tables, etc...

Understood. While this sort of makes using a jail a showstopper for this
particular application I was working on, the entire setup process was an
extremely educational one and now I'm brimming with ideas on the
potential applications of jails (i.e. as sandbox environments for our
dev team).

Thanks for all the help!

Thomas

--