[nycbug-talk] FreeBSD Funding

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Fri Mar 31 15:12:20 EST 2006

Hi all,

I tried submitting this to BSDNews, but the "add story" page is broken,
and I couldn't find any contact info on the site.  If any BSDNews folks
are lurking, here's the info...

Colin's request:  http://people.freebsd.org/~cperciva/funding.html
OSNews story: http://www.osnews.com/comment.php?news_id=14177
blurb:

FreeBSD's Security officer Colin Percival seeks sponsorship. This has
happened before with other FreeBSD contributors. "I'm hoping to raise
$15000 Canadian (about US$13000) to pay me to work full-time on FreeBSD
for 16 weeks over the summer. This will allow me to devote more time to my
role as FreeBSD Security Officer, perform a complete overhaul of FreeBSD
Update, and make some significant improvements to Portsnap.

Thanks,

Charles