[nycbug-talk] shelves for 2 post relay racks

Jonathan Vanasco nycbug-list at 2xlp.com
Thu May 11 19:39:16 EDT 2006

On May 11, 2006, at 7:05 PM, Jerry B. Altzman wrote:

> Hell, even CDW is cheaper than that, for *APC* fercryinoutloud.
>> http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/default.aspx?EDC=441720
> I personally have racked up many machines on these APC shelves and
> have
> not had a problem with them at all.
> $60 is reasonable.

CDW is weird like that.  I bought APC full shelves for an off-size 4
post rack from them last year for $29.95 each.  They were way under
list price and about 1/4 the price i could find from a competitor
( the office manager wanted the name brand ).

I think CDW does this:
	mark something up to 200% msrp
	sell as much as you can
	any inventory that sits around for more than 3 years gets clearanced
at cost .

anyways, whenever i need something random i tend to check here:
	http://www.surpluscomputers.com/

found them through pricewatch a few years ago w/the best prices on a
lot of really random items ( and awful prices on some not so-random
items ).  but their stock changes a lot , and every so often they'll
have something like 1,000' cases of cat5e cables in stranded or solid
for $35 including shipping or a rack system for 1/3 the msrp.