[nycbug-talk] google wierdness

Jonathan Vanasco nycbug-list at 2xlp.com
Tue May 16 14:13:40 EDT 2006

Google was having some weird issues this week.

Yesterday, I think their authentication servers were down for about
an hour.

Friends on the west coast were fine, but most people I knew on the
east coast couldn't use google for about an hour if they had a google
cookie in their browser and were signed into google w/an account.
If you took the cookie out, you were fine -- but couldn't log in.

On Saturday, the web interface to groups started doubleposting items,
then went down for a bit, and came back posting an entire queue of
messages that were submitted.  Very odd.  At first I thought people
hit submit 2x when stuff didn't go though, but something I know I hit
submit once on showed up as a double post with the same timestamp.

I never saw their network act weird before, and then all of the
sudden 2x in one week.

I think they're either having some hardware failures or were
rerouting a their network and everything got out of sync.