[nycbug-talk] Wireless internet card on FreeBSD laptop

Gordon Smith g at bin-arts.com
Wed May 24 00:28:31 EDT 2006

Rambius,

Last summer I was able to get my cruddy Jetbook laptop working just fine
with FreeBSD 5.4 and a Linksys 802.11G card using "The NDISulator" (a.k.a.
"Project Evil") which creates a clever FreeBSD kernel-compatible wrapper
around an NDIS NIC driver (intended to be installed under Windows).

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/network-wireless.h
tml
"27.3.3.6.3 802.11a & 802.11g Clients"

Using a true native driver might be preferable, but Project Evil *is* a
viable option.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Gordon Smith