[nycbug-talk] greylisting proxies?

George Georgalis george at galis.org
Thu Nov 2 01:44:27 EST 2006

On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 08:06:03PM -0500, Okan Demirmen wrote:
>On Wed 2006.11.01 at 11:55 -0500, George Georgalis wrote:
>> >
>> >all depends on what other checks their mta is doing. maybe they don't
>> >greylist for *@gmail.com...who knows....who cares...just send mail using
>> >a non-broken mta.
>>
>> who cares?
>>
>> why do you say I'm using a broken mta?
>
>can you go back and read this thread please?  then read about smtp
>codes, then review 4xx codes again.  if your mta can't deal, then it is
>broken, or the configuration is severely broken.

my mta works thank you very much.

I inquired if anybody else was getting deferral from verizon
perpetually and what they do about it---I get 450 for 7 days,
then my mta gives up and returns the message.

there are so many google hits on this verizon problem it's hard to
get the good info, this list is by verizon.

1.) Please ensure that your server is accepting mail from
206.46.252.0/24.

2.) Please ensure that your server accepts a Null Mail From: command
e.g. Mail From:<>.

3.) Please ensure your mail server responds to the SMTP commands within
30 seconds.

4.) Please ensure the from address used is a valid email address that is
accepted by the MX server for that domain.

5.) Please ensure you have a proper MX record.

if you must conform to all these, to send mail, that's not rfc
2821, nor is a 450 message for over 5 days.

// George