[nycbug-talk] creating "local" ports

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Thu Nov 2 19:05:48 EST 2006

Hi all,

Google's not helping me much here...  I have a number of ports where I apply
some local patches and whatnot (qmail and mailfront).  Currently I do this
manually by stepping through the port build process.

I'd like to copy these into some sort of local ports directory, but that raises
a few questions:

-Is there an accepted location for this branch, ie: /usr/ports/local that will
not get blown away on a cvsup or portsnap update?
-How does one handle packages that depend on say, qmail, but I now want to
depend on local-qmail?  I know portupgrade can be tought this by setting an
alternate pkgdep, but is there any clever way of doing this so that when you're
not using portupgrade the deps are adjusted?

Thanks,

Charles