[nycbug-talk] Update to the FreeBSD mail/spamd filed as ports/105277

Yarema yds at CoolRat.org
Wed Nov 8 01:12:01 EST 2006

--On Wednesday, November 08, 2006 1:39 PM +0800 LI Xin
<delphij at delphij.net> wrote:

> Dan Langille wrote:
>> On 7 Nov 2006 at 22:47, Yarema wrote:
>>
>>> Inspired by Bob Beck's talk at the NYC BSD Con I implemented
>>> spamd and greyscanner on my FreeBSD pf edge servers.  What a
>>> difference!  Catches somewhere around 99% of the spam before
>>> it ever reaches the mail server.
>>>
>>> Just filed <http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=105277>.
>>> Also available as a tarball at
>>> <http://yds.CoolRat.org/freebsd/spamd.tbz>.
>>>
>>> Let me know what you think.  If you like, let the maintainer
>>> know <delphij at FreeBSD.org>.
>>>
>>> The updated port is what I'm now running in production.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Have you considered upgrading spamd to the latest version
>> from OpenBSD?  I'd contacted the maintainer about this, and
>> have only recently started working with greylisting via pf
>> and spamd.  Are you interested in updating spamd itself?
>
> Yes that would be great.
>
> If nobody step up with the update I would do that myself this
> week, but I would be happy to see someone to take this over,
> as I no longer use it for my own use...
>
> Cheers,

I could try updating it since by now I'm pretty familiar with the port.
How did you roll the 3.7 tarball?  By hand from an OpenBSD release?

--
Yarema
http://yds.CoolRat.org/