[nycbug-talk] Syntax question porteasy + freebsd.nycbug.org

Marco Scoffier marco at metm.org
Mon Nov 13 22:43:02 EST 2006

On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 11:45:41AM -0500, Pete Wright wrote:
>On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 10:42:51AM -0500, Marco Scoffier wrote:
>> I can use the freebsd.nycbug.org with cvsup to download a whole ports
>> tree, but what is the syntax for CVSROOT so that porteasy can use the
>> nycbug repository.  I've tried different combos of :
>>
>> setenv CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs at freebsd.nycbug.org/var/db
>> setenv CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs at freebsd.nycbug.org
>> setenv CVSROOT=:pserver:freebsd.nycbug.org
>> setenv CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs at freebsd.nycbug.org/home/ncvs
>> setenv CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs at anoncvs.at.freebsd.nycbug.org/home/ncvs
>>
>> But I am missing something stupid presumably.
>>
>not too familiar with porteasy, but we are not running this host as a
>CVS pserver.  we do have cvsupd running though.  if this is something
>folks are interested in having i can look into allowing cvs access.

porteasy lets you download just the skeleton of the ports you need not
the whole ports tree (thanks to Dru's blogs for that).

I didn't realize the services were different, I just thought I was doing
something wrong.  Definitely an end-user in the whole cvsup / porteasy
area.  I did notice that the porteasy skeleton tree has a
/usr/ports/CVS/Root file whereas a cvsup'd tree does not...

So no worries if there is extra work involved,

--
Marco