[nycbug-talk] Syntax question porteasy + freebsd.nycbug.org

Marco Scoffier marco at metm.org
Tue Nov 14 06:36:29 EST 2006

On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 11:26:59PM -0500, Marc Spitzer wrote:
>>porteasy lets you download just the skeleton of the ports you need not
>>the whole ports tree (thanks to Dru's blogs for that).
>>

>umm why bother, it seems like a bad idea to me anyway.  cvs is much
>slower then using csup/cvsup or portsnap and the deltas are generally
>small.

I like to be lean... ??

I usually use porteasy in jails setup to contain a specific application like
just mailman+apache+postfix or some big php+mysql mess.

Using porteasy I don't have to use >2G per jail which is nice, and all
the skeletons of the dependencies are downloaded, so everything just
builds.  All skeletons can be updated in one line also: porteasy -uI

Easy,

--
Marco