[nycbug-talk] Update to the FreeBSD mail/spamd filed as ports/105277

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Tue Nov 14 08:06:48 EST 2006

On 8 Nov 2006 at 15:40, LI Xin wrote:

> Yarema wrote:
> > --On Wednesday, November 08, 2006 2:19 PM +0800 LI Xin
> > <delphij at delphij.net> wrote:

> >> First you need an OpenBSD cvs mirrored locally, or use the
> >> anonymous OpenBSD CVS.  I have rolled CVS information into the
> >> tarball, so this would be done with something like
> >> "cvs -d /home/openbsd up -rOPENBSD_4_0"
> >> in each directories.  Then, check if there is newly added files
> >> in OpenBSD distribution, port the patches into the tree, verify
> >> that everything goes well, remove the .#* files, and finally
> >> you got a new tarball.
> >>
> >> Please note that if you roll a new tarball, I would advise that
> >> you either include our local patchsets into it, or separate all
> >> our local patchset out to files/.  This will make maintainer's
> >> life easier.
> >>
> >> So I guess it's midnight in NY?  It's afternoon here so if you
> >> are tired, just leave the work to me :-)
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >
> > Yeah, it's 1:30am US/Eastern so I'm ready to pass out.  If you do roll
> > another tarball consider including greyscanner and all that code dealing
> > with fetching it can be eliminated from the Makefile.
>
> Yes.  I have prepared a tarball at
> http://people.freebsd.org/~delphij/misc/spamd.tar.bz2 and you may want
> to try it out, to see if the upgrade has all features you wanted.  I
> have uploaded the necessary distfile to my home directory but it can
> take some time to be populated out to mirror sites.
>
> I will walk through the open PRs to see if I have missed something.

Attached is a patch that provides "make config" options to the user.
Using the this feature allows previously selected options to be
remembered between installs.  It also presents a "fancy"
configuration screen to the user.  To try it out issue these command:

   make config
   make showconfig

FWIW, I've used your port to install on one of my servers.  Works
fine.  I hope to see it in ports soon.  :)

--
Dan Langille : Software Developer looking for work
my resume: http://www.freebsddiary.org/dan_langille.php