[nycbug-talk] greylisting proxies?

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Sun Oct 1 00:04:37 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I'm currently stuck with my decision to run qmail in many places. :)

I really want to give greylisting a try since I'm seeing an average of
80-85% of all mail is spam and the less cpu/disk/network I can spend
processing this junk the better.

So far none of the qmail implementations (all 2 of them) look very good.

Has anyone had any experience with the following smtp proxies?

http://assp.sourceforge.net/
http://spey.sourceforge.net/
http://www.network-theory.co.uk/articles/smtpwrap.html

I'm not real crazy about any of those really either.  Looks like none can
deal with SSL+SMTP-AUTH.

I wonder how hard it would be to stick Postfix in front of Qmail?

http://www.greylisting.org/implementations/postfix.shtml

Lots of nice solutions there...

Any ideas or opinions on all this?

Thanks,