[nycbug-talk] greylisting proxies?

Jonathan Vanasco nycbug-list at 2xlp.com
Mon Oct 2 00:08:15 EDT 2006

On Oct 1, 2006, at 9:26 PM, Charles Sprickman wrote:

> I am looking at moving vpopmail to using pgsql for the backend
> instead of mysql because mysql keeps biting me in the ass on FreeBSD.

mysql will bite you in the ass on anything.  its a f(*&#(*$& awful
program.  use pgsql and don't look back.

> Thanks for pointing me to the puremagic site, not sure how I missed
> it. I'm going to start fiddling with cqgreylist on my personal
> mailserver this week.

good luck!  please post the results.

if you ever want to screw around with exim, i have a half-done howto
here:
	http://dev.2xlp.com/trac/wiki/FreeBsdMailSolution

if you end up doing any sort of proxying, i'd suggest looking at
dbmail.org -- you wouldn't want to use dbmail, but they've got some
great ideas on how to proxy an MTA in front of another for local
handoff.