[nycbug-talk] MySQL and FreeBSD 6.0

Chris Buechler nycbug at chrisbuechler.com
Tue Oct 17 16:04:46 EDT 2006

Hans Zaunere wrote:
> I'm seeing MySQL randomly crash - especially as concurrent connections
> increases.  Anyone with other experiences with FreeBSD 6.0 and MySQL, either
> good or bad?

Not much different from 4.x and 5.x, in my experience.  Of about 8 jails
I run with MySQL, I see roughly 3-4 crashes a year.  The frequency
hasn't changed from 4.x to 5.x to 6.x, for me.  Doesn't seem to be load
related at all (one of those hosts pfsense, which hit the front page of
Slashdot, OSNews, and Digg all on the same day, along with a lot of
other press over the weekend with the 1.0 release, and stood up to the
subsequent heavy beating with no problems).

 From what I've seen, it's very random, and it happens so infrequently
that I haven't bothered to look into it.  I've never seen frequent MySQL
crashes on FreeBSD.  You sure your hardware (RAM, et. al.) are OK?

Cheers,
-Chris