[nycbug-talk] MySQL and FreeBSD 6.0

Trish Lynch trish at bsdunix.net
Thu Oct 19 11:04:05 EDT 2006

I think the main issues with MySQL and FreeBSD are primarily of tuning, even Linux requires OS tuning to run right, but the documentation is all there. Not alway so for FreeBSD.

It might be nice for those running bigger sites on FreeBSD to document the back-side OS tunings, though for some of us, translating some of the tunings used for Linux to their comparable FreeBSD values (number of threads available, number of open files, depending on thread model used, etc) could also work.

Problem being in FreeBSD 6, much of this has changed because of the introduction of new kernel threading models - the same thing that increases native java performance appreciably (almost 200%)

-Trish
--
Trish Lynch
M: 646-401-1405