[nycbug-talk] Charles M. Hannum on NetBSD

Marc Spitzer mspitzer at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 15:32:11 EDT 2006

On 9/1/06, George R. <george at sddi.net> wrote:

> With all the civil wars that have taken place in the open source world,
> I'm a little shocked when submerged civil wars like this become press
> release material.
>
> This is somewhere between some people losing commit privileges and the
> OpenBSD split. . . and it's being portrayed as the former, but seems to
> be more of the later.
>
> I really don't know why the NBSD Foundation would be publicizing this. . .

Could be a case of get your spin out first, iff they think that there
will be a mess created by the ex developers it makes sense to try to
minimize it before it gets going

marc
--
"We trained very hard, but it seemed that every time we were beginning to
form into teams we would be reorganized. I was to learn later in life that