[nycbug-talk] postgres incremental backups?

Francisco Reyes lists at stringsutils.com
Sun Sep 3 22:50:13 EDT 2006

Bob Ippolito writes:

> The only thing I can think of is Slony-I [1]. It should cover all of
> your needs and give you a safe online way to replicate your cluster to
> some future 8.1.x or 8.2 when the time comes.

Were I work we are going to go with the replication from Comamndprompt.
Slony seems too cumbersome to setup. Command prompt repliation, however, is
not free.

>From what I have researched so far it does seem like it will be
significantly easier to setup and maintain.. but I will know for sure after
we get it.

Our setup will likely be on the  500GB+ range so replication is a must.