[nycbug-talk] Reproducible data corruption on 6.1-Stable [Long but please read]

Jonathan Stewart jonathan at kc8onw.net
Thu Sep 14 07:20:10 EDT 2006

Isaac Levy wrote:
> Hi Jonathan,
>
> Here's my dmesg, (posted in full below yours),
>
> you have:
>> ad4: 305245MB <Seagate ST3320620AS 3.AAC> at ata2-master UDMA133
>> ad6: 305245MB <Seagate ST3320620AS 3.AAC> at ata3-master UDMA133
>
> I have:
> ad4: 152627MB <WDC WD1600JS-55NCB1 10.02E01> at ata2-master UDMA33
>
> I believe it's the ad driver, something has changed.  Lets take this
> over to the STABLE list?

I posted twice about it on the STABLE list already so hopefully someone
else posting about it will generate a bit more response.  My second
thread starts at [1] I have a second post in that thread with more
detail.  I don't get any errors on the console though :P  Maybe because
I'm going through a PCI RAID card?  If you want I can write up the list
of steps I took to pin down the problem as much as I could.

Thanks,
Jonathan

P.S. How did you get your dmesg because there where a couple of them
together?  I normally just use /var/run/dmesg.boot

[1]
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2006-September/028293.html