[nycbug-talk] Analyzing malicious SSH login attempts

George Georgalis george at galis.org
Thu Sep 14 16:03:20 EDT 2006

On Thu, Sep 14, 2006 at 03:43:24PM -0400, Ray Lai wrote:

>I don't see the point of hashing your config, unless you really mean
>encrypting your config, to which I respond: don't specify any hosts in
>your config!

Well pretty much the only options I have in my config are per host
configs, ie use identity file a, b or c; port x y or z ; user 1 2
or 3 and so on. so for the same reason I'd hash known hosts, I'd also
like to hash (encrypt) config. -- but I've not given much thought
about implementation, might be difficult/impossible.

// George