[nycbug-talk] colored DEC terminal for Soekris net4501

N.J. Thomas njt at ayvali.org
Sat Sep 16 14:23:19 EDT 2006

Got my hands on a Soekris net4501 recently. Will be slapping OpenBSD on
it and using it as a router and firewall.

So I'd like to get a DEC terminal that supports color: my main box gets
borrowed and moved around a lot and 99% of the time I'm in a shell, so I
don't necessarily need a PC around all the time.

All the DEC terminals I've seen online cost $150 and up, and those are
mostly the VT100 and VT220 models. EBay has a couple, but I'd rather go
local first (a VT340 is going for $400 right now, what is up with
that?).

Is there any mom & pop place in the metro area where I can snag one of
these at a decent price? $150 seems to be a bit too pricey, or have DEC
terminals become a collectors items in the past 10 years?

Thomas

--
N.J. Thomas
njt at ayvali.org