[nycbug-talk] laptop?

Josh McCormack joshmccormack at travelersdiary.com
Wed Sep 20 09:12:13 EDT 2006

On 9/19/06, Pete Wright <pete at nomadlogic.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 11:38:14PM -0400, Josh McCormack wrote:
> > On 9/18/06, michael <lists at genoverly.net> wrote:
> > > On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 19:04:46 -0400
> > > pete at nomadlogic.org (Pete Wright) wrote:
<snip>
> i had an x23 and it ran great.  i'd suggest just PXE booting and doing
> an nfs install on the lappy.
>

> -pete
>
> --
> ~~oO00Oo~~
> Peter Wright
> pete at nomadlogic.org
> www.nomadlogic.org/~pete
> 310.869.9459

I read up on it, and don't have anything I could use for the PXE
booting. I don't have a router I could put anything on or an even a
somewhat modern OpenBSD box.

The computer has a CF card reader built in, so I tried making a CF
card work like the boot floppy or CD, but the windows programs for
writing those wouldn't do it.

Anyone have a USB floppy or CD drive I could borrow, or want to help
me do the PXE booting?

Thanks,

Josh