[nycbug-talk] conference schedule

michael lists at genoverly.net
Sun Sep 24 11:26:09 EDT 2006

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 17:13:38 -0400 (EDT)
Charles Sprickman <spork at bway.net> wrote:

> What an excellent lineup.  But where are these geeks that wake up
> before 10 a.m.??? :)  I've yet to meet one...

Real geeks sleep in late and have long uptimes, right?  Myths and
machismo perpetuated.. [grin]

The conference has arranged to bring many of the BSD greats,
one-by-one, onto the stage to talk to you about BSD.. all day Saturday
and into the afternoon on Sunday.  Some are traveling a fair distance
to do this for you.

There was a great response when we called for presenters.  It would
hardly feel fair to the audience to deny speakers who want to come and
talk BSD because we couldn't start before noon.  There is so much
material that the schedule demanded starting in the AM and is kept
pretty tight all day.

While it may seem onerous to drag yourself out of bed on a weekend
morning, but.. could it be for a better reason? [grin]  So, get up,
brush your teeth, comb your hair, and get up to Columbia.  There will
be hot coffee waiting for you... not to mention a staff that got up
way earlier than you to make sure it all happened!

--

Michael