[nycbug-talk] Xen & FreeBSD

sɹɐɯ ʇsǝɹoɟ compustretch at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 02:22:28 EDT 2007

H. G. wrote:
> On 8/1/07, sɹɐɯ ʇsǝɹoɟ <compustretch at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Having said that, question back at you-- why is it you would want to run Free as dom0 as opposed to say as DomU on a FreeBSD Dom0 machine ?
>>
> [SNIP]
> as much as I like me my Linux, I would personally prefer a non-Linux box
> (say BSD,
> or Solaris) as a dom0.  Just personal preference.  an/listinfo/nylug-talk

I mistyped that, should have been what the reasons are for running
FreeBSD as Dom0, as opposed to running it as a DomU on a NetBSD machine.
I didn't realise you were ruling out using the Intel/AMD virtualisation
extensions. If you discount that approach, I think you're talking a
significant wait before FreeBSD catches up.

cheers,

Forest Mars
--
"In theory, theory and practice are exactly the same.
In practice, they're completely different."