[nycbug-talk] Fwd: www.freebsd.org reachability

Isaac Levy ike at lesmuug.org
Tue Aug 7 07:26:59 EDT 2007

Hi All,

Sorry to top/cross-post, I thought it best to preserve the message
below.

Just a quick heads-up, the freebsd.org primary servers seem to be
down- I just saw it come in on the hubs at freebsd.org list.

CVS and CVSUP main servers seem to be running fine.

--
Observations:
It's a strange one, the server seems to hold the http request, (can't

(An aside, I'd totally bet $10 this is an Apache 2.foobar bug, I've
had a server exhibiting the EXACT same thing, in the form of
untraceable hangs.  The only constant for us, is that when it hangs-
we're always in the process of being bot-scanned by some random host,
looking for the usual crud- /phpbb /myadmin /blah...  We haven't yet
seen or replicated whatever URLs are coming next.  Time for a new
webserver, like lighttpd and tinyhttpd!)

Best,
.ike

Begin forwarded message: