[nycbug-talk] Fw: Extreme mobile BSD

Alex Pilosov alex at pilosoft.com
Fri Dec 21 22:54:49 EST 2007

On Fri, 21 Dec 2007, Dan Langille wrote:

> Miles Nordin > I guess I'm happy to be making people a little
> enthusiastic, but
> > obviously I'd rather it weren't in exactly this way.  I really need to
> > be able to state an unpopular, on-topic view without being attacked as
> > above, though.  What the hell was that?  At absolute worst, I
> > (_without_ even calling you out personally!) insulted your _choice of
> > celfone_.  This is crazy retaliation, so knock-it-off-plz, sorry did
> > not mean to insult you personally so much as suggest we might resist
> > Apple, T-Mobile, RIM a little better, no apology necessary.
>
> It's not what you said.
>
> It's how it was said.
Continued emphasis on political correctness vs technical correctness on
this list is beginning of the end. It is easy to be polite - millions of
people are. It is hard to know what you are talking about - very few do,
and so few of them are willing to bother talking to mere mortals.

Miles was dropping science. It may be unpopular. It doesn't make it any
less correct (or at least deserving of consideration without whining).

-alex