[nycbug-talk] OpenBSD 4.0 + VMware Server

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Wed Feb 14 18:54:27 EST 2007

Hi all,

Anyone had success with the above combo?

I've had no problems with it booting, but during the install I'm having an
odd issue - when I hit "enter" after a selection, it repeats.  Meaning if
the sequence were something like "are you happy with the partitions
(Y/n)?" and then "Do you really want to continue (y/N)", I'll hit enter on
the first one and then it's as if I'd pressed enter again on the next
selection (which quits the installer).

Tried different terminal types, etc.

VMware Server is the latest free version, and I'm using the X app as a
client to create new virtual servers.  Did not see the same thing when
installing FreeBSD 4.11/6.2 or when installing NetBSD 3.0.

Any ideas before I go to one of the OBSD lists?

Thanks,

Charles