[nycbug-talk] NetBSD, Apache and mod_python problems

Ivan "Rambius" Ivanov rambiusparkisanius at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 16:12:11 EST 2007

Hello Okan,

On 2/15/07, Okan Demirmen <okan at demirmen.com> wrote:
> ok, so not an inode problem...and you say ipcs shows nothing?

OK, now apache is not running. ipcs shows the following:

# ipcs -s
IPC status from <running system> as of Thu Feb 15 16:06:50 2007

Semaphores:
T        ID     KEY        MODE       OWNER    GROUP

No semaphores are shown.

Maybe I should give more details: In /usr/pkg/etc/httpd/httpd.conf I
load mod_python with the following directive:

LoadModule python_module lib/httpd/mod_python.so

An attempt to start apache dumps that error in error_log:

# date
Thu Feb 15 16:09:29 EST 2007
# /etc/rc.d/apache start
Starting apache.
# tail -n 1 /var/log/httpd/error_log
[Thu Feb 15 16:09:44 2007] [emerg] (28)No space left on device:
Couldn't create accept lock (/usr/pkg/var/accept.lock.3659) (5)

And apache is not running.

When I comment out LoadModule directive for mod_python, apache starts
successfully. This makes me believe that mod_python causes the
problem.

Regards
Ivan

--