[nycbug-talk] Cable modem load balancing

Jonathan Stewart jonathan at kc8onw.net
Mon Feb 19 14:11:36 EST 2007

Hello Wise Ones :)

I'm looking at trying to set up outgoing load balancing similar to what
is described here [1] but with my current setup my second gateway would
actually be on my internal lan. Can this work, possibly with an alias on
the internal interface or would each gateway have to be on it's own
physical interface?  I have complete control over addressing and going
to static addressing is fine if I have to.

Here is an attempt at an ASCII art diagram of my physical setup.

--------    ------------      --------------
|modem1|----|bsd router|------|dlink switch|
--------    ------------      --------------

     ----------------------------------