[nycbug-talk] *BSD on Hold?

Peter Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Mon Jan 8 19:23:23 EST 2007

> http://bsd.slashdot.org/bsd/07/01/08/1219254.shtml

I saw this article this morning and got confused at first.  I think what's
happening is that someone decided the ports system and FreeBSD userland
sucks so they wanted to implement a GNU userland and portage to the
FreeBSD kernel (atleast that's the only reason i could come up with - not
that i agree with that reasoning).  hence gentoo/freebsd.

a dev found something regarding the advertising clause in some code and
realized that it's not fully compatible with the GPLv2 (libkvm i belive).
although i would be surprised if this was the case at the end of the
day....

not really sure why this is a big deal though...or why someone would want
to stack a gnu/linux system ontop of FreeBSD....

-pete

--
~~oO00Oo~~
Peter Wright