[nycbug-talk] upcoming meeting

Peter Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Thu Jan 11 12:57:19 EST 2007

> Hello,
>
> On 1/11/07, Okan Demirmen <okan at demirmen.com> wrote:
>> On Sat 2007.01.06 at 23:16 -0500, George R. wrote:
>> > As someone noted earlier, it would be useful to entertain pre-meeting
>> > questions and comments.  So here goes. . .
>>
>> as much as finding out about how svn works, i think coverage on why, and
>> importantly *where", one would want/use a versioning system, and
>> possible implementations would be nice to hear.  software projects are
>> one thing, but exploring the possibilities of versioning say, system
>> configurations and database schemas, and all that jazz.  how about
>> versioning in change management systems?
> I plan to include an example about storing the system configuration
> files of a server in svn. The configuration files can be those of
> Apache, OpenVPN, samba, etc.

As a side note, I've found that using RCS/make is very usefull for storing
info on local "one-off" systems/config files.  If I was able to attend
this meeting I'd be interested to hear about people's experience using
cvs/svn with cfengine or puppet.

anyway it sounds like it should be a great talk!

-pete

--
~~oO00Oo~~
Peter Wright