[nycbug-talk] AsiaBSDCon!!!!

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Fri Mar 9 22:52:30 EST 2007

Scott Robbins wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 10, 2007 at 12:24:00PM +0900, Isaac Levy wrote:
>> Hi all!
>
>> So today is the first day of the normal proceedings for AsiaBSDCon!
>> So far there have already been some full-day tutorial sessions, which
>> I couldn't attend...
>
>> I'm taking boatloads of pics, will try to figure out how/where to
>> post them, and will make some kind of post about the con!
>
>> Rocket-
>> .ike
>

>> p.s.: TOKYO ROCKS.  For the time ever for me, NYC seems like a small
>> place- this city is like a medieval village, set about 70 years in
>> the future, 36 million people...  Amazing.
>
> Have fun on the subways.  :)
>
> The interesting thing about Tokyo is that there's absolutely no rhyme or
> reason to streets or numbers.  I believe it's because they were named in
> order of being given by the shougun to his favorites.

I haven't been, but to me the most interesting thing is the 'tech
ghetto' Akihabara.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akihabara

Full of crazy gadgets for soldering or plugging into your USB port. . .

It sounds like it's worth the 18 hour flight itself.

According to offlist discussions with Ike, he needed a serious nap after
his trip there. . .

George