[nycbug-talk] some C help?

Brian A. Seklecki lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org
Mon Mar 12 21:22:23 EDT 2007

There's no harm (performance) in defaulting to a larger snaplen regardless
of #ifdef INET6.

If anything, it should be a runtime check against the interface type!

Besides, shops that use tcpdump in extreme high performance environments
are going to run a custom build out of Ports/Pkgsrc anyway, not the
in-tree one.

But I guess that's up to the maintainers.

~BAS